Spray Tan Prep
Proper preparation is critical to a flawless tan!
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Don't forget the hands, feet, knees and elbows! Exfoliating gloves work great for this!
- Moisturize with a good lotion 1-2x daily and make sure you hydrate by drinking water... your skin is hydrated from the inside out!
- Waxing or facials should be complete AT LEAST 48-hours prior to your tanning session.
- If you are nursing or pregnant, please consult with your doctor before scheduling your tan.
- This is a good time to get your mani/pedi if you desire.
- Lightly exfoliate, shave and moisturize. It is important to do this the DAY BEFORE your appointment. Not the day of your appointment.
- Shower with warm (not hot) water at least 3 hours before your session. Showering too close to your appointment will negatively impact your results. No exfoliating, lotions, deodorants, make-up or soap products, as they leave residues that prevent an even tan.
- Be ready to tan in whatever you feel comfortable in: bathing suit, bra/underwear, only underwear or naked if you don't want any tan lines.
- Please have your hair tied back in a pony tail. A hair cap will be available for you to wear so solution doesn't get in your hair.
- Wear lip gloss or chapstick as a barrier to the lips.
- Don't do anything that will cause you to sweat or rub excessively during your processing period.
- Wear loose, dark clothes. This will help avoid rubbing of the skin. If possible, avoid wearing a bra.
- Wear flip flops or slippers instead of tight shoes.
- No showering until the process time is complete.
- ENJOY YOUR NEW TAN!
Spray tan Maintenance
proper POST-TANNING CARE IS ESSENTIAL TO EXTENDING THE LIFE OF A SUNLESS TAN
- Maintain a good moisturizing routine by moisturizing regularly.
- Stay hydrated! Your skin is moisturized from the inside-out.
- You can use a tan extender lotion to increase the life of your tan (wait at least one day after tan before use).
- Sweating, chlorine, shaving and rubbing will all speed up the exfoliation process and will cause your tan to fade more quickly. Please keep this in mind if you are trying to prolong the life of your tan.
- Use a good body wash. Please stay away from soaps like Dove, deodorant bars and other highly commercialized products with sulfates, parabens or mineral oil.
- Once the life of your tan is coming to an end, you can exfoliate off any remaining tan and prepare for your next session! Exfoliating gloves work great!